Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Heroine of the Day

          Today for my #WCW I picked Alexandra “Alex” Andros from The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Alex is a half-blood, a descendant of the demigods from the Greek mythology. As a half-blood her purpose is to protect Pures, the direct descendants of the Demigods. So in order to protect them, she must first train at the Covenant. She is the main character in the Covenant series. I absolutely love this character. She is so badass and sassy. I really enjoyed her character and I could Identify with her in a lot of things. She was an easy character to love and get into. There were so many things I admired about her, like her loyalty and how brave she was but at the same time how human and caring she could be. But of course there were many things that were a little annoying like the decisions she made sometimes. The character development was great. You could really see her grow up throughout the series. 

Apperance:

Alex is described to have an oval face shape, full lips, high cheekbones and eyebrows that are carefully arched over her eyes. She also has brown hair that is usually worn in a ponytail, and wide light brown eyes. Alex's hair is very long and wavy, but later on in Apollyon it is chopped off by Ares. Later in Sentinel, Olivia cuts her hair for her making it now rest on her shoulders, which made her hair wavier.

Quotes:

“No matter how convoluted my life got, one thing remained consistent- my hair looked like a baby opossum had taken refuge in it, invited some friends over, and thrown a party.”

“I guess there were two types of people in the world, those who sat around a fire, staring into the flames, and those who started the fire.
Seth and I started the fire, and then we danced around it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment