Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Heroine of the Day




   
        Today for my #wcw I picked Sydney Sage from the Bloodlines series. Bloodline is a spin-off of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Sydney Sage is an alchemist, a human charged with keeping the vampire world a secret from the humans. We first see her in Blood Promise. I love her character because she goes through a huge change through the series. She is one of the best character developments I’ve seen in a while. It was great seeing how she adapted to a world she was taught to hate. All throughout the series she displays great courage and loyalty. She reminds me of myself in a lot of ways; especially in my desire to do well in school and excel. But most of all in the loyalty she has for her friends. The struggle she goes through makes me love her so much. Is not only the physical struggle she goes through but also the mental struggle of being a human surrounded by vampires who she is supposed to hate and fear. Especially the magic they wield. So when she finds out that she can also work with magic. She must overcome her fear of magic and the rules set upon her.

Appearance: Sydney Sage has shoulder length dark blonde hair and warm brown eyes. Since she is an alchemist she has a golden lily tattooed on her cheek. She always dresses in black, gray or white. All her wardrobe is serious, making her look like an intern.

Personality: She is loyal and caring. She is always helping others and putting them before her needs. She is very serious about her duties and her studies. She is very intelligent and hardworking, but sometimes goes too far and overworks herself. Despite all of this she is very self-conscious of her looks and her weight especially when she is around other Moroi.

Quirks: I love how much she is into cars and caffeine. It’s such an endearing quality of hers.

Quotes:

“But perhaps the best part of all was that I, Sydney Katherine Sage, guilty of constantly analyzing the world around me, well, I stopped thinking”

_The Golden Lily



No comments:

Post a Comment